Little House Green Grocery
|Address:|| 1227 Bellevue Avenue
Richmond, VA 23227
Click to view hours
Little House Green Grocery earns a BEST rating for its thorough commitment to the best in local, sustainable food. While the store is not large compared to most of today’s oversized markets, it is well-balanced in what it has to offer. Here are the highlights of its rating:
• Produce: A great selection of fresh, seasonal produce from local, sustainable farms.
• Meat: All is offered from some of the highest quality regenerative livestock farms in the region.
• Eggs: A great selection of true pasture raised eggs.
• Fish: Fish not typically sold.
• Dairy/Cheese: A good selection of milk, cheese and other dairy products from local, sustainable farms.
• Grains: Organic and sustainable grain products are available.
• Bread/Baked Goods: Bread is available from some local bakeries with sustainable practices.
• Packaged/Bulk Goods: Packaged goods show a solid commitment to organic and natural products.
• Beverages (Non-Alcoholic): Local kombucha, organic cold pressed juice, and locally roasted sustainable coffee.
• Beverages (Alcoholic): A good selection of organic, biodynamic, or sustainable wines.
• Food Policy: This is a business clearly committed to supporting regenerative agriculture and healthier food choices.
• Other: Nothing significant to note at this time.
• Prepared Foods: They offer a small selection of prepared foods. The most important thing to note here is their Veggie Box program. Like a CSA, it’s a weekly subscription of local, organic produced, packed and ready for easy pick-up during the summer months. Please see their website for details.
Other things to know about this Place:
• The business was opened in 2012 by Jessica Goldberg and Erin Wright, who’s a Richmond native.
• They also run a monthly wine club that features small production wines that are organic or biodynamically grown.
The rating for this Place was based on the following:
• A site visit, or visits
• Discussion with the owners, management, and/or staff
• Other research
|Avery's Branch Farms||Dairy|
|Forrest Green Farm||Tea, Fruits, Vegetables or Herbs|
|Harmony Hill Farm||Beef|
|J&L Green Farm||Lamb|
|Keenbell Farm||Chicken, Sausage, Pork, Beef|
|Manakintowne Specialty Growers||Fruits, Vegetables or Herbs|
|Tricycle Gardens||Fruits, Vegetables or Herbs|
Little House Green Grocery specializes in preparing food for the following dietary needs: